Good vs Evil in Castle Bedbug


In all my imagined futures I couldn't see one where I'd be happily living in dad's house, with him; and in none of the futures I feared was the biggest problem bedbugs, but there you have it. 

Yesterday was spent waging a useless war against the horde until the exterminator gave up, stating anything he does is useless due to the amount of stuff in, on and around the furniture. Did you know bed bugs love living in picture frames; he went through ours with the steamer and it looked like something from an ancient Egyptian crypt curse.

Bottom line - we need to empty the living room before any extermination could be called effective. Also, my dad's a hoarder, so there's a problem.

Mum sewed the covers for that sofa. Mum also died on that sofa, from a smoking-related heart failure at age 62; but that sofa has more bedbugs than the exterminator could deal with, so, much to my joy, said agreed to get rid of it. My dad, the hoarder! That was uplifting. I'm all for removing items that have bad memories attached to them; this was a good excuse.

It's also a great excuse for me to blitz the living room, once all the packing and exterminating is done. I intend to neatly arrange the cables everywhere, and hopefully toss away a stupid amount of useless decorations, papers and junk that clog that living space and make it a bed bug's heaven and a Bell's hell.  

I keep to my room less I contaminate it (it's been successfully exterminated), which means I eat mostly tinned food or pizza; it also means I got to rearrange the room to my partial liking, for several reasons - I couldn't take it looking like my childhood room (I was not happy here) and the childhood arrangement wasn't size, age or computer friendly. Now it is! And while I have no idea how long I'll live here, I did splurge 50 euro on a pvc sticker roll so I can unify the five (!) different shades of fake-wood this room has with simple, whitewashed fake-wood. It's going to be a challenge to stick on everything (doors, bookcases, desk, closet) but it's probably going to grant the room visual quiet, which is what I'm after. 

Tomorrow I have bone mapping, and the orthopedic doctor next week; and I have a feeling that, once I know I'm actually staying, I'll also find the mental space to start streaming again. I teach 3D art making with Blender on Twitch, but I haven't done so since the last night in Thailand, for obvious reasons. It's been over a month, and I miss my students, and I miss teaching.

This is a strange time, but not a bad one. We'll see where it goes.

Ah, the banner picture: I use AI to make those, and I asked it to make a pretty, diamond bed bug. It evidently failed, but I'm fine with neutral glass instead; I really don't know what I was thinking. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction

From the jungle to the desert